I’ve been craving for meatballs for quite awhile now. I have always missed IKEA’s meatballs, they’re just so mouth-watering. I remembered ordering meatballs whenever I went to IKEA back in those days when it was just an arm’s length away. IKEA is not available here, so I’ll have to replicate the meatballs should I wish to have them. After extensive research on the Internet, I gave this particular recipe a try and the meatballs came out super delicious. I hope all of you like it. I made them into smaller meatballs so I could use some of them to make spaghetti meatballs bolognese too. 😉
Ingredients – Meatballs:
500 gms of minced beef
400 gms of minced pork
1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
1 medium sized onion (finely chopped)
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
2 large eggs
Approx. 2/3 tsp of salt and dash of pepper
1. Mix all ingredients together at once until they’re all completely mixed.
2. Shape into meatballs.
3. Pan fry the meatballs using a non-stick pan (*NO oil) or you can bake them in the oven at 200 deg. C. (Be very careful not to burn the meatballs)
4. Set them aside for later use.
* Thanks Sherl and Teri for sharing their delicious recipe. The meatballs are awesome. Note that I’ve omitted the peccarino Romano cheese in this recipe. However, the taste has not been compromised.
Ingredients – Gravy:
1 cup of beef broth/stock
Corn flour (to thicken the sauce – depends on the consistency that you want)
2 1/4 tbps of thickened cream
Dash of pepper and chicken granules (optional)
1. Warm a non-stick pan, pour in the beef stock and corn flour and whisk the mixture until it begins to thicken.
2. Add in the thickened cream and continue to cook until it reaches the consistency.
3. **I undercooked the meatballs when I was pan-frying them, so I poured in the meatballs at this stage to let them simmer together with the sauce until the meatballs were cooked and the desired consistency of the sauce was reached.
4. Dish up and serve.